Saturday, February 11, 2017

Butterfly Bear Paw Baby Quilt: The FINAL, Final Plan, Revised

Okay, I changed my mind yet again, and THIS is what I'm REALLY going to do with those bear paw blocks that I made ages ago:

53.5" x 53.5" Baby Quilt with Satin Binding
I decided to ditch the on point layout in favor of a straight set with 4" sashing and 4" sawtooth stars as shown above.  The idea is to use some of that purply fabric that I used as my bear paw centers for a border, but if I don't have enough of it I'll have to use something else.  The 2" wide hot pink border is actually the satin binding, and there's a purple minky for the backing that's similar in color to the inner border. 

With this arrangement, I need to piece 10 more sawtooth stars, cut the sashing, and then I can assemble the quilt top with no leftover blocks.  I printed off 10 foundation patterns on newsprint from EQ7 and I have an hour or two that I can spend in my studio before I need to leave for Anders' Honors Orchestra concert.  Hopefully my mojo will kick in and it will be all smooth sailing, since this baby is due TOMORROW.

No, the quilt will NOT be done tomorrow...

4 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

doubt you will have it done tomorrow - but good luck on a fast finish - it is a really cute layout

Pam said...

I like your final, final version the best. Lots of nice color and balance. that is a cool program you have which enables you to try out different variations like that.

Janice Holton said...

Love your FINAL, final revised plan! Beautiful! Best of luck on getting it done on time!

Preeti said...

You sound stressed :-D Remember this was supposed to be enjoyable.
I am sure it will be beautiful. I can totally relate to the Final, Final, once revised.